Friday, February 13, 2009

5 X 5 boxes




We wanted to send in a special Valentine's treat for the teachers this year so we came up with the idea of homemade fudge in a heart shape. I found some large heart cookie cutters and we used them as a mold for the fudge. They were about 5" wide and 1" thick and looked great - unfortunately I didn't think to take a picture until after I boxed them up. I found this tutorial by Beate on Splitcoaststampers. I love the look and simplicity of these boxes so of course I tsl'd them! I made adjustments to the measurements so the fudge would sit snug. The box bottom was cut at 7 1/2" x 7 1/2" and scored at 1 1/4" on all 4 sides. The lid was cut at 7" x 7" and scored at 15/16ths on all 4 sides. The lid was punched using the fiskar's scallop punch. The papers are from K and Company's super cute stack.

No comments: